Everyone loves to get away from it all and see new and exciting parts of the world. We’re probably naturally wired to look forward to our next holiday.
Here are five of the best holiday destinations for 2018:
- Santiago, Chile – This South American country will be celebrating 200 years of independence throughout 2018, making it the place to go if you’re looking for parties on a national scale. As a capital city, Santiago stands to be the very centre of the action.
While there, it’s a great chance to taste the best of South America, see some of the local cultures, and explore a part of the region that is usually not at the top of top destination lists.
- Rome, Italy – It may be one of the most common European tourist destinations, but it’s popular for a reason. It’s a place where you can actually do as the Romans do. That may be just like the rest of Italy, but the historical gravity of the city makes it an unforgettable experience at any age.
Like Paris, New York, or London, Rome is a city that’s capable of launching a new cultural movement at any given time. The presence of the Vatican makes Rome a capital in world affairs on multiple levels – one of the few cities in the world with that level of depth of identity.
- Helena Island – It’s hard to find an island more remote than St. Helena, a British overseas territory close to the African country of Angola. Up until last year, it took five days at sea to reach the Island. That was until South Africa began flights there, cutting the travel time to a mere four hours.
St. Helena looks remarkably like you might imagine an isolated island to look – pristine tracts of nature, breathtaking views. It may seem like a fantasy but today, you can have the authentic island experience.
- Alaska, USA – While parts of Alaska remain among the few pristine areas left in the world, who knows how much longer that will remain true. But for the time being, it’s all there. The scenic views, wildlife, and a challenging climate that constantly signals to you that you are doing something special.
Alaska may not the alternative for people trying to decide about returning to Paris. But if you’re looking for a little bit more action and adventure, Alaska is second to none.
- The Caribbean – If you’re looking for something more exotic and more affordable, there is nothing like Barbados, or Jamaica, or even Mexico. The Caribbean has the good vibes we look for when we travel, and a distinct sense of being far from home.
If you’re on a budget, it may be smarter to look towards the East instead of the West. The Eastern Hemisphere, however, is often where the heart is.