The season to be jolly is coming up, and I am sure we can all agree that it’s never too early to get your Christmas on! I know, I know we haven’t even hit December yet, but leaving all your Christmas prep to the last minute is never a good idea, so, in the spirit of this giving holiday, I have decided to share my top five tips for getting a head start on Christmas 2017.
- The Christmas Spirit– Before getting into the nitty-gritty details of your holiday plans, you will need to get into the Christmas Spirit. You know what that means! Crank up the music and belt out those cheesy Christmas songs.
Once you have your music going it is time to fix a cup of hot chocolate and veg out in front of some of your favourite Christmas themed movies – Home Alone, Miracle on 34th street and Elf are a good start.
A great alternative to pre-Christmas movie watching is playing a few rounds of your favourite Christmas themed slots games at Euro Palace Casino, some of my personal favourites are Secret Santa, Santa’s Paw, and Santa’s Wild Ride.
- The Decorating– Now that you have got your Christmas spirit on, it is time to start decorating. If you start early enough you can find some great deals on decorations for your home, or, if you are feeling particularly creative you can check out Pinterest for thousands (and I really do mean thousands) of superb ideas.
Make sure to be one of the first visitors when your local Christmas tree market opens and you will snap up the best-looking fir you can find!
- Start Baking– As well as being a great treat to have on hand for your friends and family, baked goods also double as a perfect gift. Stock up on plenty of sturdy, freezer friendly containers that can be easily stacked in your freezer.
If you are making a variety of different cookies, be sure to store each flavour separately. The cookies should be stored in the back of the freezer so that they maintain their fresh flavour (and they stay safe from any local cookie thieves!).
- A Festive Get Together– If you enjoy throwing holiday parties, or, it is your turn to host the family get-together, planning ahead will ensure that your event goes ahead as smoothly as possible. Remember that a low-key affair with a relaxed host will be more enjoyable than an over-the-top affair with an exhausted and stressed host. Consider holding a pot-luck affair – most people are delighted to bring a dish and that way you can share the load and enjoy your event.
- The Gifts– Even if you have decided to go easy on the gift giving this year, you may still need to pick up a number of presents for friends and family. Make a list of people you intend to buy gifts for and prepare a budget to stick to.
Most Importantly – Have a Wonderful Holiday!